September 3, 2011

Yogurt Fingerpainting

Supplies required:
Yogurt or pudding
Food dye

This is a tried-but-true activity that both my children enjoy.  I've usually heard of people using pudding for this activity, but I decided to use vanilla yogurt so it would be more nutritious.  I separated the yogurt into three different dishes and made blue, green, and yellow by mixing a few drops of dye into each dish.  I decided not to use the red dye because I know some people are allergic to it, and we had not tried it with W.  I set E up in her booster seat and poured out some of each yogurt onto the tray.  I did the same on W's highchair tray.  Then, I let them paint their trays (and later themselves--a bath was definitely needed after we were done!)  This is a cheap, easy activity.  It's obvioulsy on the messy side, but definitely worth it.  W and E both got hungry while they were fingerpainting, so halfway through I added some Cheerios to their tray, figuring they could play with it and eat it.





1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about doing this. I read you can use shaving foam, but Andrew doesn't have any since he wears a beard. I didn't want to do pudding because I thought it would get too sticky. I think unsweetened yogurt is perfect! I'm going to do this as an activity this week for sure.

    ReplyDelete